1. Give yourself and the child plenty of time to prepare the first morning you go to daycare. You don’t want to start your day with stress! So wake up early and enjoy your morning preparation. It is good to have prepared the day before.
2. Remember to take with you all the necessary documents requested for the child’s registration.
3. Give the head of the department a list of any allergies the child may have or medication he or she is taking.
4. Let us know if you need to pay attention to some foods that may cause intolerance, if you follow a special diet, or if your little one just doesn’t like them.
5. Leave your phone numbers and some emergency numbers at the address so you can be notified immediately.
6. Choose 2 more people from the immediate family or friends who may need to pick up the child from the daycare and introduce them to the staff so they know them.
7. Don’t dress your child in his best clothes. He can get dirty while playing or creating “little masterpieces”!
8. Say goodbye quickly and giving a quick kiss to the reception of the place, just wish him a nice day and remind him that you will come to get him soon Give the teachers the opportunity to deal with the smooth adjustment of the child, and rely on the perennial experience them.
9. At the time of saying goodbye, just smile, convey confidence and assurance that everything will be fine, and don’t let the child understand the feelings of anxiety and nervousness that overwhelm you!
10. Finally, leave the regrets and guilt at home, and go about your day. Remember that thousands of children around the world go to daycare every day, and that all these parents definitely want, just like you, the best for their child. Remember the reasons why you trusted this particular space and just trust your infallible parenting instincts!